Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Colorful Heap on the Floor



Life keeps getting in the way of my studio work. I have been horribly busy moving artwork from one show to the next and arranging contracts for sales. I finally get in the other day. It was late, I was a little flustered when I arrived.

I had a great plan for working in blue on a canvas I had prepared, practicing for the blue of the Triumphant Shoppers trousers. And there are the rare occasions when I do what I plan, but most of the time life gets in the way.

Well, I did not have the required discipline; I had promised myself that I would remain on a diet of only blue. But things started off on the wrong foot when my under painting got too involved, too warm in color, and then I could not hold myself back from greens and yellows. I ended up a colorful heap on the floor.

I chucked it out. Deep breath, and went to white. I redrew my triumphant shopper. I painted her from behind. I whited her world, took her off the raw canvas and sterilized her. And then I left her be.






Amy at Bernays .net
www.bernays.net
gallery

1 comment: